Research at the Göttingen Campus
Interdisciplinary research in all knowledge domains is carried out among a network of university and non-university research institutions, centers and networks. The Göttingen Campus Council identifies new key research areas and initiates central projects, further promoting greater integration among member institutions. The close proximity of the institutes, laboratories and libraries on campus is yet another feature facilitating cooperation and inspiring the discourse of new ideas across disciplines.
Highly collaborative, joint research projects are carried out by campus partners through a variety of funding programs, such as:
- Cluster of Excellence “Nanoscale Microscopy and Molecular Physiology of the Brain (CNMPB)”
- Collaborative Research Centres
- Research Training Groups
- Research Units
- Priority Programme "SPP 1601 - New Frontiers in Sensitivity for EPR Spectroscopy: from Biological Cells to Nano Materials"
The Campus Partners have created joint projects that they intend to develop further as collaborative research clusters:
- Functional Principles of Living Matter: Life at the Nanoscale
- Fundamental Processes of Energy Conversion at Interfaces
- The Making and Unmaking of the Religious
- Physics to Medicine
- Primate Cognition: From Information Integration to Decision-Making
- The Sun, Stars, and Habitable Worlds
- Sustainable Land Use Systems