Welcome to the Göttingen Campus postdoc portal
A postdoc or postdoctoral researcher is defined here as a PhD holder who conducts professional research under a time-limited contract or fellowship. However, information on this portal can be relevant from late-stage PhD level to early-stage independent group leader, researcher or (Junior) Professor.
Workshops, Seminars, Events and Training
Do you know workshops or events for postdocs that we should mention? Please do not hesitate to contact us.
- 19 November 2018 - evening lecture: How sex and gender analysis creates better research in Natural and Life Sciences
- 19-21 November 2018 - Organisation und Verwaltung
- 20 November 2018 - Brown Bag Lunch: How to Apply Gendered Innovations in Research
- 20 November 2018 - Workshop: Political Plants. The Movement, Triumph and Extinction of Knowledge in the Atlantic World
- 20-21 November 2018 - Rhetorik, Schlagfertigkeit und Argumentation
- 26 November 2018 - GSGG first alumni event
- 28 November 2018 - Info über Mittag: Wege zur Konfliktklärung in der Universität
- 3 December 2018 - Open Science Göttingen Meet up
- 12 December 2018 - Campus Zentrum CIDAS
- 23 January 2019 - Was macht eigentlich... der Abteilungsleiter Göttingen International?
Göttingen Campus Postdoc Network
The Göttingen Campus Postdoc Network is run by and for postdoctoral researchers of the Göttingen Campus. The Postdoc Network aims at facilitating communication and information exchange among the Postdocs in Göttingen, organizing events, and founding an alumni network. Meet the founding members and the committee members of the Postdoc Network here.
Get connected and have your say: subscribe to our mailing list to become part of the Göttingen Campus Postdoc Network.
Individual mentoring, specific skills training and advisory services – find out about the wide variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Joining a network is the ideal way to access appropriate support and information for your needs and career stage. Here are some of the networks across the campus.
Mental health support
Everyone needs support some time. There are many different types of support and ways to access this support. Here is an overview of assistance offered regionally and nationwide.
New to Göttingen? Get information about accommodation, administration, the job market and more here.
- The surprises of starting as a new PI
The unexpected surprises and setbacks of running your own lab: four researchers who just became PIs
- The Awesomest 7-Year Postdoc
An interesting perspective about the tenure track
- Mental Health
is an important theme identified by the GC Postdoc Committee. Have a look this article from the Max Planck PhDnet, which features Göttingen.
- Publishing scams
Note that you can get sound advice from the Göttingen SUB here. There is a section on predatory publishing at the bottom of the page and here. There are also useful guides on line such as think, check, submit which will help you consider the best places to publish.
- Recent troubles highlight need for change
See this article from Science which features an interview with Jana Lasser (spokesperson for PhDNet and doctoral student at the MPI for Dynamics and Self-Organisation).