University of Göttingen
Göttingen has many advantages as a location for university studies which the Georg-August-Universität is enhancing by developing innovative degree programmes, Bachelor’s and Master’s degree structures, carrying out a systematic internationalisation of its study programmes and implementing quality-assurance measures. Approximately 29,000 young people currently study here, some eleven per cent of whom are from abroad – a clear demonstration of the pull that the University has long exerted internationally.
Promotion of young scientists is at the top of the agenda of the Göttingen – a close and vibrant cooperation of the University with Göttingen Campus partners. Examples include: Courant Research Centres where excellent international junior scientists find a research environment that is based on a free exchange of ideas both within and between the disciplines and that is noted for its close collaboration with senior fellows, or Free Floater Junior Research Groups which allow young researchers to work without thematic restrictions
Collaborate Research Centers
- CRC 1073 Atomic scale control of energy conversion
- CRC 1002: Modulatory Units in Heart Failure
GAUG, UMG, DPZ, DZNE, MPIBPC, MPIDS
- CRC 963: Astrophysical Flow Instabilities and Turbulence
GAUG, MPIDS, MPS, DLR, GWDG
- CRC 937: Collective behavior of soft and biological matter
GAUG, MPIDS, UMG, DZNE
- Aerodynamics and Flow Technology (Prof. Andreas Dillmann) - with DLR
- Astrophysics with Focus ‘Interior of the Sun and Sun-like Stars’ (Prof. Laurent Gizon) - with MPI-S
- Behavioral Biology (Prof. Julia Ostner) - with DPZ
- Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology/Anthropology (Prof. Peter Kappeler) - with DPZ
- Biophysical Chemistry (Prof. Marina Bennati) - with MPI-BPC
- Cognitive Ethology/Ecology (Prof. Julia Fischer) - with DPZ
- Cognitive Neurosciences and Biological Psychology (Prof. Stefan Treue) - with DPZ
- Dynamics and Self-Organization (Prof. Eberhardt Bodenschatz) - with MPI-DS
- Dynamics at Surfaces (Prof. Alec Wodtke) - with MPI-BPC
- Functional Imaging (Prof. Susann Boretius) - with DPZ
- Infection Biology (Prof. Stefan Pöhlmann) - with DPZ
- Molecular Electron Cryomicroscopy (Prof. Holger Stark) - with MPI-BPC
- Neurobiology of Primates (Prof. Hansjörg Scherberger) - with DPZ
- Practical Computer Science (Prof. Ramin Yahyapour) - with GWDG
- Sensorimotor (Prof. Alexander Gail) - with DPZ
- Theoretical Physics (Prof. Theodor Geisel) - with MPI-DS
Graduate Study Programs
Can the greening be greener?
EU greening rules can provide a lot more for nature and farmers.
Dorothea Schlözer Qualification Programme
New call for applications for 2017
Prof. Tobias Moser receives Ernst Jung Prize for Medicine
The prize in the amount of 300,000 € is awarded to the Director of and professor at the Institute for Auditory Neuroscience...
1 PhD student – 3 minutes – 0 slides
Call for applications for three-minute thesis competition at the University of Göttingen.
Key Research Areas
The key research areas at the University are in:
- Functional Principles of Living Matter
- Cellular Processes and Molecular Machines
- Energy Conversion
- Sustainable Use of Natural Resources
- Religious Studies
- Digital Transformation
- Language and Cognition
University of Göttingen
+49 551 39-0
Intensification of land use leads to the same species everywhere
Study documents homogenization of species communities in our landscape.
How nature regulates CO2 flux
Göttingen biogeoscientist awarded Consolidator Grant by the European Research Council.
A comparison model for the Sun
Scientists observe first Sun-like magnetic cycle on another star.
New Collaborative Research Center at UMG – funding for international Collaborative Research Center at University renewed
Göttingen Campus congratulates the scientists involved in CRC 1190 "Compartmental gates and contact sites in cells" and...