University of Göttingen
Göttingen has many advantages as a location for university studies which the Georg-August-Universität is enhancing by developing innovative degree programmes, Bachelor’s and Master’s degree structures, carrying out a systematic internationalisation of its study programmes and implementing quality-assurance measures. Approximately 29,000 young people currently study here, some eleven per cent of whom are from abroad – a clear demonstration of the pull that the University has long exerted internationally.
Promotion of young scientists is at the top of the agenda of the Göttingen – a close and vibrant cooperation of the University with Göttingen Campus partners. Examples include: Courant Research Centres where excellent international junior scientists find a research environment that is based on a free exchange of ideas both within and between the disciplines and that is noted for its close collaboration with senior fellows, or Free Floater Junior Research Groups which allow young researchers to work without thematic restrictions
Collaborate Research Centers
- CRC 1073 Atomic scale control of energy conversion
- CRC 1002: Modulatory Units in Heart Failure
GAUG, UMG, DPZ, DZNE, MPIBPC, MPIDS
- CRC 937: Collective behavior of soft and biological matter
GAUG, MPIDS, UMG, DZNE
- Aerodynamics and Flow Technology (Prof. Andreas Dillmann) - with DLR
- Astrophysics with Focus ‘Interior of the Sun and Sun-like Stars’ (Prof. Laurent Gizon) - with MPI-S
- Behavioral Biology (Prof. Julia Ostner) - with DPZ
- Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology/Anthropology (Prof. Peter Kappeler) - with DPZ
- Biophysical Chemistry (Prof. Marina Bennati) - with MPI-BPC
- Cognitive Ethology/Ecology (Prof. Julia Fischer) - with DPZ
- Cognitive Neurosciences and Biological Psychology (Prof. Stefan Treue) - with DPZ
- Dynamics and Self-Organization (Prof. Eberhardt Bodenschatz) - with MPI-DS
- Dynamics at Surfaces (Prof. Alec Wodtke) - with MPI-BPC
- Functional Imaging (Prof. Susann Boretius) - with DPZ
- Infection Biology (Prof. Stefan Pöhlmann) - with DPZ
- Molecular Electron Cryomicroscopy (Prof. Holger Stark) - with MPI-BPC
- Neurobiology of Primates (Prof. Hansjörg Scherberger) - with DPZ
- Practical Computer Science (Prof. Ramin Yahyapour) - with GWDG
- Sensorimotor (Prof. Alexander Gail) - with DPZ
- Theoretical Physics (Prof. Theodor Geisel) - with MPI-DS
Göttingen Campus Institute
Graduate Study Programs
Equal opportunity and protection against discrimination
Göttingen University develops diversity strategy – Participates in audit by non-profit Stifterverband
Light-emitting bubbles captured in the wild
Physicists from the University of Göttingen image, for the first time, flashes of light emitted by collapsing bubbles in a...
Regional forest policy in Africa
Dr. Symphorien Ongolo Assogoma receives Humboldt scholarship
In three minutes to Edinburgh
An exciting doctoral project and three minutes to present it to an audience – that were the rules of the Coimbra Group’s...
Key Research Areas
The key research areas at the University are in:
- Functional Principles of Living Matter
- Cellular Processes and Molecular Machines
- Energy Conversion
- Sustainable Use of Natural Resources
- Religious Studies
- Digital Transformation
- Language and Cognition
University of Göttingen
+49 551 39-0
A long, long night in Göttingen
About 25,000 science enthusiasts visited the events of the 3rd Night of Science on January 21st, 2017.
Collaborative agreement on global and transregional studies
Volkswagen Group joins alliance with Göttingen Campus – general agreement signed and sealed.
Can the greening be greener?
EU greening rules can provide a lot more for nature and farmers.
Dorothea Schlözer Qualification Programme
New call for applications for 2017